In Indiana, a woman sought emergency assistance from a fire station in early Friday after she claimed that her pet raccoon allegedly overdosed on pot, officials said.
The woman was frantic and not sure what to do to assist her pet.
The captain said, “the raccoon was very lethargic,” but the fire station couldn’t really offer much help.
“She started explaining what had happened. There wasn’t really much we could do, it was just the sort of thing that was going to take time.”
Subsequently, the owner of the raccoon took her pet home to sleep off the high.
Story of the day! Our FF’s at Station 82 were awakened at 2 am last week to a person seeking treatment for her pet Raccoon. What was his illness you ask? The raccoon had smoked too much weed. Yes! It happened! As much as we love animals, there wasn’t much they could do. pic.twitter.com/lypHvrBZSJ
— Wayne Twp Fire Dept (@Waynetwpfire) April 16, 2018
Was it Pot?
However, recordings of Southwest District’s radio chatter show the raccoon might have overdosed on another substance.
“Apparently they have a pet raccoon that got into their meth,” an unidentified officer was heard as saying at 3:57 a.m. Friday.
But a minute later, dispatchers clarified the exact substance: “Sir, Speedway doesn’t have anything, but fire did call across the hall and say that it was a raccoon that overdosed on somebody’s heroin.”