With the summer solstice quickly approaching, there will be many large events happening throughout North America; such as VELD music festival, OVO Fest, Caribana, Digital Dreams, Lollapalooza, Afrofest, Burning Man and more. As you look to enjoy time with your loved ones, get ‘lit’ with the squad, or are out for a family day, it’s important to take extra precautions to ensure you have a safe, elevated experience. In this weekly session, we will provide suggestions on how to prep for a large event, while being able to enjoy cloud 9, with no worries.
Toronto Raptor fans had a once-in-a-lifetime (hopefully not) celebration, #WeTheNorthDay, for the Raptors winning the NBA Finals. Over 2.5 million fans assembled in the inner downtown core of Toronto, leading to Nathan Phillips Square. The parade was three times bigger than Donald Trump’s inauguration; it was like nothing Toronto has seen before. From as early as 6am EST, thousands of fans were awaiting the appearance of Drake, Kawhi Leonard, Kyle Lowry, Justin Trudeau, The Raptors Organization, Mayor Tory & more. With an unexpected four-hour delay of the parade, many fans suffered dehydration from the beaming sun, lack of bathroom access, emergency concerns which provoked a stampede, as well as subway station closures.
How to prepare for large events, while staying elevated:
- CBD Water: Pack multiple bottles of CBD water to help keep you hydrated while delivering cannabinoids to your system. Or if you aren’t partaking, just make sure you keep regular water with you.
- Pre-rolls: While you’re on the go, with hundreds or thousands of people around, it’s hard to find time & space to roll up a joint. We recommend smoking dried herbs away from children/family areas. You should know this.
- Bring a hat: Carrying an umbrella around can get annoying at times, so bring a hat, baseball cap, top hat, cowboy hat, whatever style of hat you’re into to create some shade.
- Portable Charger: Festivals can last all day, while people love sharing moments on social media, it’s also important to keep your phone charged to stay in touch with friends in case you lose each-other.
- Vaporizer: Having a vaporizer is great if you like to enjoy Cannabis without a lingering scent, as well as a little more discretion. Security at events may be less eager to dispose of it or hold you up for having it, too.
- Edibles: Whether you’d like to consume a CBD edible as a snack or enjoy a THC shatter bar at an after party, edibles are dope & tasty to bring with to festivals. Just know your limits and stay within them.
- Stay up to date: While enjoying any large event, periodically check on any local news outlets via Twitter, their mobile site or apps for any emergencies, transportation delays/closures or surprise appearances (Drake could be coming!)
- Dabbing: After a long day of adventure, some people might like to hit a dab of an indica dominant shatter to have a long night of rest; it may ease any aches & pains in your body from a long day on your feet. If not, that’s cool too, just make sure you get some RnR before a new day dawns.
Be safe out there and have fun!
Destiny's Leaf curates Cannabis culture visuals & content. Follow us on Instagram @DestinysLeaf