BRANDON, Man. — Two young children in Brandon, Man., were being monitored in the local hospital emergency department on Sunday, a day after they ate an edible cannabis chocolate bar.
The children, ages five and two, were taken for treatment on Saturday afternoon.
Police say the bar looked like regular candy.
There was no immediate word from officials on how or where the children got access to the bar, but Staff Sgt. Brian Patridge says cannabis seeds need to be stored so that children can’t get at them.
Police say Child and Family Services will follow up with the family, although charges are not being pursued.
Partridge says Saturday’s cannabis emergency is a first for Brandon police. (CTV Winnipeg)
The Canadian Press