Marijuana Treats Chronic Fatigue Syndrome: A Look into Chronic Fatigue and Cannabis
The legalization of medical marijuana has seen an increase in the number of patients treating their chronic fatigue with marijuana. They find that marijuana helps boost their energy and, at the same time, improve other symptoms as well. We lack more studies on chronic fatigue and cannabis. But the results of some of the studies show that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome.
What is chronic fatigue and cannabis effect on this problem?
Chronic fatigue syndrome is characterized by fatigue that can’t be relieved by rest or sleep. Although the exact cause of this syndrome is unknown, experts believe that underlying medical problems contribute to the development of chronic fatigue syndrome.
Many people with this problem find that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome. They report an improvement in their chronic fatigue and cannabis significantly helped control their symptoms. They also report that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome by improving their sleep and mood.
What are the ways that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome?
There are several ways that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome.
- Sleep problems are common in chronic fatigue and cannabis helps patients sleep better. Studies show that cannabis promotes better sleep by decreasing REM sleep stage.
- Chronic musculoskeletal pain is common in chronic fatigue and cannabis helps reduce pain. Cannabinoids possess potent analgesic effects. One study on fibromyalgia and cannabis showed that it significantly improved the patients overall wellbeing. Chronic fatigue is one of the symptoms of fibromyalgia.
- Mental health problems like depression are common in chronic fatigue and cannabis helps improve mood and reduce stress and anxiety.
- Chronic, low-grade inflammation has been implicated in chronic fatigue and cannabis produces powerful anti-inflammatory effects. Studies show that low-grade inflammation in the brain contributes to chronic fatigue syndrome.
These are just some of the ways that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome.
We may lack research studies on chronic fatigue and cannabis, but these studies show that marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome.
The Right Strain of Marijuana Treats Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Not all marijuana strains can improve chronic fatigue syndrome. In fact, you need the right strain to benefit from marijuana’s effects on this medical problem.
There are two major types of marijuana – Indica and Sativa. Sativa relaxes the body and promotes sleep. But for chronic fatigue syndrome, you need a Sativa or at least a Sativa-dominant strain that can boost your energy. Sativa strains energize and invigorate. They also stimulate you mentally and boost mood.
Some of the strains to use for your chronic fatigue syndrome include:
- Jack Herer is a 55% Sativa-dominant strain. It’s popular for its mood-enhancing properties that can reduce anxiety and depression. Jack Herer also produces potent energizing and invigorating effects that ease away your fatigue.
- Durban Poison is a 100% Sativa strain. This strain takes away all your body pain, anxiety, stress, and depression. It also gives your energy a powerful boost.
The right strain of marijuana treats chronic fatigue syndrome. You don’t have to suffer from chronic fatigue and cannabis can help improve your symptoms.